Effective Dec 18, 2018
Shark Identity Pvt. Ltd. (“Shark ID” or “we” or “our” or “us” or “company”) offers users (“User/s” or “You”) global social phone community services executed through various software applications and services, including but not limited to the “Shark ID” application.
We are social network and online platform for users. Users use our services to communicate, find friends, mutual friends, professionals, business, products, references of phonebook contacts as well as strangers, Identify name & references, connections of callers as well as stranger caller, spam callers, and help society to identify spam callers by reporting as spam caller, and be founded for business opportunities, references, mutual friends, and to connect with them for exchange & share personal & professional information including contact coordinates, Profile picture, Name, email address, street address and its location, as well as business information.
In simple terms:
Subject always to obtaining your prior consent, we may:
- Allow other Users, at Your option, to either obtain your contact details or send a notification to You to request Your contact details
- Share your contact details to your contacts who does not have your contact details but you have their contact details.
- Provide your profile picture and Name to users in result of searched terms if user’s searched terms are matched partially or exactly with details of your Personal or Business profile.
- Process your Incoming & Out going call number to display name and connections/Mutual friends in Caller ID and in list of Your local call logs
- Collect your personal information
- Read your call logs to facilitate you to manage your call logs within our application
WE DO NOT:
- Collect or transmit your call logs from your device to our premises
- Share any personal information of contacts from Your phonebook/address book
- Share personal information to any users except name and profile picture
- Provide reverse number look up of contacts from Your phonebook/address book
- Collect telephony log information like calling-party number, receiving-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls and messages, duration of calls, routing information, and types of calls.
- Collect / Use or process the content and passwords created for third party services.
- Collect your location/GPS information
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services.
We collect certain information when you use our services to provide better services to all our users. For example: we collect information when you interact with any feature of our service to figuring out which feature is most you may like which can help us to provide better service to you and develop new features.
The information we collect and how it is used, depends on how you use our service and how you manage your privacy control.
1. Information we collects
1.1. User Personal Profile
When you click on “I Agree & Continue” button to register / signup and create user profile known as Personal card in the service and confirm being the holder of certain number, you must provide your Gender, first name, last name, Email ID, Mobile Number and your photo in order to create a user profile. Additional information that may be provided at your option include, street address and pin code, location of street address, website, social handlers like Facebook page, Twitter address and Hash Tags. We may supplement the information provided by you with information from our users, your contacts and add it to the information provided by you with your consent. We will collect your payment and billing information if you are registered for a paid Service.
1.2. User Business / Work Profile
When you create Business/Work profile known as Business/Work card in the service and confirm being the holder of certain number and Email address, you must provide your Job Title, Company Name, Hash Tags, Business/Work Email ID, Business/ personal Mobile/fix line Number, Business/Work address with Pin code and logo in order to create a Business profile. Additional information that may be provided at your option include, location of Business/Work address, Professional website, social handlers like Facebook page, Twitter address, Hash Tags, short description of Company/product/services, Product/service Images, Product/service Videos, Product/services brochures. We may supplement the information provided by you with information from our users and your contacts and add it to the information provided by you with your consent. We will collect your payment and billing information if you are registered for a paid Service.
1.3. Installation and use
When You install and use the services, we collect information about any devices you used to access our services, which help us to provide better services and develop new features, This information includes device information including device type, device id, device unique identifier, device manufacturer, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name, SIM identifier, phone number. We also collect information about crash logs, referrer URL, IP address, date and time when device is interact with our services.
We also collect information about usage statistics, access to device phonebook/address book, event information, terms you search for and other information based on your interaction with our services such as how the services are being accessed (via another service, web site or a search engine), the pages/screens you visited and features you use on the services, the services you engage with from the services, the search terms you use, purchase activity information, other usage activity.
We read your call logs to facilitate you to manage your call logs within our application by easy way, WE DO NOT COLLECT OR TRANSMIT YOUR CALL LOGS FROM YOUR DEVICE TO OUR PREMISES .
If you choose to use our Caller ID service, we use calling-party number, receiving-party number and type of call to identify name, provide notification to users for type of call and display connections between calling-party number and receiving party-number. WE DO NOT COLLECT CALLING-PARTY NUMBER, RECEIVING-PARTY NUMBER AND TYPE OF CALL.
Some information, including usage information and other information that may arise from your interaction with the services will not be used to identify you, whether in combination with other information or otherwise and will not constitute personal information for the purposes of this Policy.
1.4. Third party services
You agree to provide us with your identifier information including your name, contact number, photograph and email address enable us your usage of certain third party services, For example, social networking services and payment services in order to interoperate with such third party services.
1.5. Other information you may provide
We collect information you may provide us with various information in connection with your interaction with our Services. For example, You may tag contacts through tagging functionality that contact may or may not registered with us or belongs to our users. You may report a phone number as spam or some other attribute to be included in spam blocking directories. We may also offer you the opportunity to provide information on your experience of use of our services or to participate in contests/promotional offers, surveys or other promotions. We will collect the information you provide in connection therewith, as well as any other information you provide through the services or when you communicate or interact with us and with our services.
2. Why we collect information
We use your information to build and deliver our services
2.1. To deliver our services
How we use your information to deliver our different services includes:
- Reporting numbers of spammers
- Block unwanted and spammer’s call
- Better way to manage your phonebook
- Facilitate to make Shark ID social phonebook as Default Dialer or Phonebook, Identify and merge duplicate contacts, Place contact on home screen for quick call and mark contact as favourite.
- Facilitate to calling, set reminders, blocking contact, report contact and delete contact by only single tap.
- Show one last received call, one favourite marked contact, and one important contact without opening Shark ID application by long press on icon of our application.
- Manage your Call logs with details like Types of calls, date, time and duration of calls, identify name of unknown numbers, block spammers and unwanted callers, identified blocked calls, quick access to Important contacts, filter on types of calls, delete specific call log of specific number or entire call logs of specific number or entire call logs within our application.
- Auto update contact details of your specific contacts when that specific contact updates their personal or business/work profile.
- Facilitate to set unlimited reminders for a call
- Show mutual connections between you and specific contact(s)
- Find references of you contacts as well as unknown contact numbers
- Based on your call logs we determine calling patterns using Artificial intelligence algorithm to list and sort your contacts for quick access of important contacts without searching your entire phonebook.
- Identify and display Name of calling-party to receiving-party, discover connections and mutual friends between calling-party and receiving-party numbers in Caller ID and list of contacts throughout application.
- Show mutual friend or references on Caller ID
- Show name of unknown number and connections between you and unknown numbers from Dialer
- Provide Name and Profile picture as a result when you search people or business within your network connections by search terms like Unique “Shark ID”, email address, mobile number, hash tags, keywords from description of business profile and name of products.
- Accept / Reject request to access your contacts
- Send request to access contact details of other users
- Processing search terms within our services
- Tagging your contacts for quick reference search
- List of contacts who has your contact number but you do not have their contact number
- Hide your contact details from Shark ID’s phonebook for specific contact
- Suggestions of people as “You may Know” to increase your personal and business network
- Notifying you when your contacts update their profile or create new business/work profile if you are following them
- Share your digital card with third party within Shark ID app
- Suggest any additional information like profile picture, email address, additional phone numbers to your contacts
- Backup your contacts to our cloud
- Download Backup of your contacts from our cloud
- List of your followers
- Offering promotional offers and survey
- Push notifications for different alerts or notifications
- Send in application push notifications, reminders, and deliver notifications via services, in which case we keep for limited period of time in order to deliver notifications.
- Build and maintain user spam list and build a community based spam identifying and blocking directory.
2.2. Maintain & improve our services
We also use your information to ensure our services are working as per intended, identify issues, and troubleshoot issues which are reported to us by you or by third party reporting tool.
We are continually monitoring our system to look for any issue and if we find something wrong with specific feature or activity, we review activity information collected before the issue started which allow us to fix issue more quickly.
We use your information to improve our service, we analyse your information to build better product and enhance user experience. For example, if you interact with our service and it took long time to complete a certain task or that have trouble finishing steps at all or application behaves unexpected, we analyse your information to identify root cause, and we can redesign that feature or service and improve our product for everyone.
2.3. Develop new service
We use the information we collect in existing service to help us to develop new service. For example understanding how people are connected and who is whose mutual friend and who is in reference with whom to facilitate identify references of unknown numbers to reduce threat of cheating while dealing with strangers.
2.4. Provide personalized services
We use the information we collect to customize our services for you including but not limited to recommendation and personalised search result. For example, Recommendation of people “You may know”, we use your information of contacts to identify connections between each other within your contacts and their contacts if they are using our services. Depends on your privacy settings, we recommend your name to other users as people “You may know”
2.5. Measure performance
We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For Example, we analyse data for your usage of features of our application and site to optimize design, identify most liked features, most unused feature etc. we also use third party analytic services like Google Analytics and Firebase Analytics which collects information.
2.6. Communicate with you
We use information we collect, like your email address, to interact directly with you. For Example, we may send you notification to verify your email address and when users request you to access your personal or business/work cards if you set privacy of cards as Private or we may let you know upcoming changes, features, about new updates and improvements to our services. We keep a record of your requests in order to help resolve any issues you might be facing if you contact us.
2.7. Protect us, our users and the public
We use information we collect to help improve reliability and safety of our services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm us, our users, or the public. We analyse your data to help us detect abuse and illegal activity. We also use algorithms to recognize patterns in data to protect us, our users and the public. For Example, Collecting and analysing IP addresses data to protect against automated abuse. This abuse takes many forms, such as censoring content by launching a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack.
3. Your privacy controls
You have choice regarding control your personal information, you can always keep you profile private or public and change any time. You have choice to turn On/Off feature of mutual friends and references, if you turn off, your name will not be suggested as mutual friend or references to our users. You have choice of turn On/Off your name suggestion as people “You may know”, if you turn off, your name will not be suggested as people “You may know” to our users.
You can always opt-out for caller ID service if you wish, your name will not be associated with your number and shows to our users for Caller ID service.
You have choice at any time to “unsubscribe” our email / notification service by visiting our unsubscribe link on our app/web if you no longer wish to receive future emails/notifications.
3.1. Exporting your contacts and deleting your information
You can export a copy of contacts if you want to back it up or use it outside our service.
You can close your account or terminate service at any point of time to delete your collected personal information.
You agree by closing your account that, all your following information will be permanently deleted from our database and would not be recovered;
- Your profiles including all types of digital cards
- All kinds of uploaded business Images, video links, product pictures etc.
- All details of Shark ID contacts including your phonebook contacts
- All connections between Shark ID contacts
- All pending friend requests
- All notifications
- Any reimbursable amount/gift
- Your Shark ID which may or may not purchased
- Terminates all Contract between Shark ID and you
- All your information which we have stored with your “Shark ID” Account, which we treated as personal information.
Following data will be remain in our database even you close/terminate account:
- Your registered mobile number without linking to your name
- History of your device IDs associated with your registered number/s
- History of any processed analytical data which is not disclosing any personal identity
- Your name and number from caller ID database until you explicitly opt-out for caller ID service from our website
- History of any financial transactions
4. Sharing your information
4.1. When you share your or your contact’s information
Some of our services let you share your or your contact’s information with other people through our service or service of third party, in such case you have choice for which content you want to share. For Example, when you share your contact details, you have choice which elements like Number¸ Email ID etc.¸ you want to share through which service with others. Remember, when you share your information like contacts, messages or contents publically your content may become accessible through various search engines.
4.2. When we share your Information
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of “Shark ID” except in the following cases:
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information outside of “Shark ID” if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners like developers or rights holders. For example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. We also allow specific partners to collect information from your device for measurement and analysis purposes using their own cookies or similar technologies.
5. We build security into our service to protect and secure your information
Our all services and products are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. The insights we gain from maintaining our services help us detect and automatically block security threats from ever reaching you. And if we do detect something risky that we think you should know about, we’ll notify you and help guide you through steps to stay better protected.
We work hard to protect you and Shark ID from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subjected to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
6.1. When we are pursuing legitimate interests
We process your information for our legitimate interests and those of third parties while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information for things like:
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our services to meet the needs of our users
- Developing new products and features that are useful for our users
- Understanding how people use our services to ensure and improve the performance of our services
- Customizing our services to provide you with a better user experience
- Marketing to inform users about our services
- Providing advertising to make many of our services freely available for users
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, or technical issues with our services
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Performing research that improves our services for our users and benefits the public
- Fulfilling obligations to our partners like developers and rights holders
- Enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of applicable Terms of Service
6.2. When we are providing a service
We process your data to provide a service you’ve asked for under a contract. For example, we process your payment information when you buy your personal Shark ID from us.
6.3. When we are complying with legal obligations
We will process your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we are responding to legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
Shark ID services are not intended for the use of Minors. Children under the age of 18 require consent of their parent/s to get into the legal contract under the law of their respective jurisdictions. We advise parents or guardian to monitor their child's online activity and ensure that no personal information is collected without their consent.
9. Grievance Redressal
If you have any questions regarding any services or transaction issue, please contact us on email@example.com.
If you have any questions or grievances regarding the privacy statement, practices of the services, Please contact our grievance officer Miss. Surabhi Agarwal on firstname.lastname@example.org.